Built with SDL2, xemu supports virtually all gamepads. Connect up to 4 controllers at any time, just like a real Xbox.
Notes & FAQ
- There is currently no interface within xemu to adjust the keybindings.
- Hot plugging works on Windows and Linux. It is broken on macOS.
- There is currently no interface to add/remove memory cards.
- USB passthru is not supported yet.
- Only the Xbox controller is emulated. There is not (yet) support for other controllers like the Steel Batallion.
Input not functional on early BIOS revisions
Emulated gamepads may be non-functional when using early BIOS revisions (<4627). It is recommended to not use these early BIOS revisions, until this bug is fixed.
Xbox One, Xbox 360 controllers¶
On Windows and Linux they should be supported out of the box. On macOS you will need to install an additional driver.
- macOS: 360Controller
Original Xbox controllers¶
The original Xbox controllers are USB-compatible and can be connected to a PC with an adapter. Please don't cut original Xbox controller cables to make an adapter. Quality adapters can be purchased on Amazon for about $12 USD or from eBay for about $8 USD, shipped globally.
Depending on your platform, you may also need to install additional drivers:
DualShock 4 controllers¶
Sony DualShock 4 controllers work, out of the box, on all platforms. No additional installation of drivers or configuration is required.
Keyboard as Gamepad¶
The keyboard layout for the gamepad is:
|RIGHT||DPAD_RIGHT||5||GUIDE (xemu Nav)|
Left Right W = LTrig O = RTrig E I S F J L D K